Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Oranges

A few weeks ago, my mentor informed me of an opportunity to attend a research seminar - as a presenter!  I'd be presenting on a research project some of my fellow interns and I helped on over the summer.  I worked with him and a college intern who was the main researcher in the project to put together an abstract.  Early this week, the abstract was accepted!  The event is a Southern California Conference for Undergraduate Research open to undergrads and high schoolers researching anything, really, from engineering to poetry.  It will be held at Whittier College on November 23 - trade show style.  Thank you iPoly :')

Anyway, I'm pretty excited.  In this project, we exposed brine shrimp to varying plant extracts to determine their potency, indicative of biochemical activity and, thus, pharmaceutical potential.  

plant extracts

the SCCUR in all its citrusy goodness

oranges



No comments:

Post a Comment